Last night, a piece of my heart broke. I watched it fall like a shooting star.


Last night, a piece of my heart broke.
I watched it fall like a shooting star.
No, not like a shooting star. Because when a shooting star falls,
you make a wish and then you hope that wish will come true.

But last night, a piece of my heart broke.
And I watched it fall like a tear drop.
No, not like tear drops. Because tear drops fall, then they dry up too.

But the piece of my heart, kept falling. Falling into an endless abyss of disbelief.
That it was you, who had held my heart together safe in your hands all this while,
Broke it in a snap.

Last night, a piece of my heart broke, and fell and kept falling.

And I might never find it again…






image source

#fiction 
#breakup 
#thoughtcatalog
#thoughts
#separation 
#brokenheart
#sad 
#pain

Comments

Popular Posts