Is Turkey safe to travel? Turkey in Pictures: part 1

 Yes. It is. 

I spent 11 beautiful days in Turkey from November 24 to Dec 4, falling in love with every bit of this country. My only bad experience was shopping at  Grand Bazaar when a vendor packed a faulty bakalava box for me. 
That story for another day.
Istanbul

I travel from Bangalore, India.
I traveled with Kuwait Airways, unlike many reviews online I actually had a good experience with Kuwait Airways. My tickets cost upto 28400 INR and Visa (via VFS) was another 5000INR. I had taken help from Turkey Insider  for my local tour in Turkey to Pamukale, Ephesus and Cappodocia. I walked around, and  hopped in and out of the tram to discover Instanbul on my own.


Street photography Istanbul 

How to plan a Turkey Trip?


Well, I read a lot. Note that Turkey was one of the most traveled destinations till 2015.
There is good amount of stuffs online, I also went to the packages of various tour guides (to plan my itinerary) and settled for Istanbul +  (Pamukale, Ephesus and Cappodocia)

Street art Istanbul

I was on a limited budget I had to drop Antalya and Bursa. Instead spent 5 days in Istanbul.

Sultan Ahmed 

Which is the best time to Visit Turkey?
They will tell you Summer and Spring
I suggest winter. Turkey is less touristy during winters. There is so much to see in this country. I would rather spend time exploring the ruins of Ephesus in winter, than wait in long queues in Summers.
Beautiful Ephesus



Hierapolis Amphitheatre

The Fountain of Trajan (Trainus)

Comments

Popular Posts