WHY I DIDNOT POST PICTURES FROM MY LATEST TRIP ON INSTAGRAM STORIES?



As a little girl I was so desperate to travel. My father was abroad and mother overprotective. I m perhaps the best example of an armchair traveler: I spent most of my life reading blogs and watching travel videos/shows. Today, I am just a newbie traveler, traveling for last 3 years, usually with family.

With all my friends being passionate travelers I often felt too embarrassed to talk about my travel stories. I have travel 4 countries so far and two of them were to visit my family; plus a few cities in India. How boring is my life! I thought.

 My mother never runs out of stories to tell - of her first dip in the sea or that mutton she had in a small dhaba in Rajasthan, or her experience of playing with elephants in Coorg - these are her life’s best moments and she is so proud of them. It doesn’t matter whether her friends have traveled a lot or not, she cherishes these moments and loves to share them, which made me realise why do I compare my experiences with others? 

Couple of years ago I had no social media presence expect on Twitter. I enjoyed traveling as much then as I do today. So why do I spend so much time on Insta-stories while I could be enjoying the moment there? Instagram has been a motivating factor in my travel, but if I am only traveling for Insta-stories I think I am doing a disservice to my travels. 

I have been traveling for last 3 days. I visited some historical monuments, I did ride a horse, traveled alone in the night in a general compartment of Bangalore-Mysore train. Yes, I have insane stories from this trip. But no pictures whatsoever. I wanted to enjoy this trip like my mother does - enjoy every moments - This is my travel lesson after this trip: travel to enjoy small and unique moments. If you have good picture share. If you have good stories to tell share them too. But 90 percent of your travel should be about getting new experiences. 

Comments

Popular Posts